Implementation of the TFA in Hong Kong
Hong Kong, China (HKC) was the first WTO Member to accept the TFA in December 2014. We also committed to fully implement all provisions of the TFA upon its entry into force (i.e. on 22 Feb 2017) even when phased-in implementation is allowed.
Article 23(2) of the TFA provides that each WTO Member shall establish and/or maintain a national committee on trade facilitation or designate an existing mechanism to facilitate both domestic coordination and implementation of the provisions of the TFA. HKC has established a Coordinating Mechanism for the Implementation of the Agreement on Trade Facilitation for this purpose.
Coordinating Mechanism for the Implementation of the Agreement on Trade Facilitation
Terms of Reference
- To oversee the implementation of the TFA by Hong Kong.
- To monitor Hong Kong's ongoing compliance with the TFA and, if necessary, identify and recommend follow-up actions to be taken by the respective Bureaux and Departments.
- To facilitate the coordination and discussion among relevant Bureaux and Departments on matters relating to the implementation and application of the TFA.
- To enhance public awareness on the TFA.
Chairperson: Director-General of Trade and Industry
Members: Representatives from
- Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department
- Census and Statistics Department
- Civil Engineering and Development Department
- Commerce and Economic Development Bureau
- Customs and Excise Department
- Environmental Protection Department
- Food and Environmental Hygiene Department
- Department of Health
- Office of the Communications Authority
- Trade and Industry Department