Mainland and Hong Kong Closer Economic Partnership Arrangement (CEPA)
Liberalisation Measures under CEPA
The Agreement on Trade in Services covers and consolidates commitments relating to liberalisation of trade in services provided in CEPA and its Supplements and also the Agreement between the Mainland and Hong Kong on Achieving Basic Liberalisation of Trade in Services in Guangdong.
|Agreement on Trade in Services
|Liberalisation Measures under Cultural Services (Positive List)
|Sectors or sub-sectors
- 1. Business services
- F. Other business services
- r. Printing and publishing services (CPC88442)
To allow Hong Kong service suppliers to set up equity joint venture enterprises or contractual joint venture enterprises in the Mainland to engage in the printing of publications and other printed matters. For the equity joint venture enterprises, the proportion of Hong Kong service suppliers' shareholding should not exceed 49%. For the contractual joint venture enterprises, the Mainland investors should hold dominant position in these enterprises. For the equity joint venture enterprises set up in Qianhai and Hengqin on a pilot basis, the proportion of Hong Kong service suppliers' shareholding should not exceed 70%.1
- To allow Hong Kong service suppliers to set up wholly-owned enterprises in the Mainland to provide printing and binding services for packaging materials.The minimum registered capital required for Hong Kong service suppliers to set up printing enterprise to provide services in respect of packaging materials follows the requirements applicable to the Mainland enterprises.2
- To allow Hong Kong service suppliers to establish typesetting and production services company on a wholly-owned, equity joint venture or contractual joint venture basis in the Mainland to provide pre-press services such as proof-reading, design and typesetting for books.3
- To simplify the approval procedures for importing Hong Kong books and to establish a Green Passage for importing Hong Kong books.4
- To allow contractual service providers employed by Hong Kong service suppliers, in the mode of movement of natural persons, to provide services under this sector or sub-sector in the Mainland.5
1 Covering the liberalisation measures provided in CEPA Supplement IV, Supplement IX and Supplement X.
2 Covering the liberalisation measures provided in CEPA Supplement IV and Supplement V.
3 Covering the liberalisation measures provided in CEPA Supplement VI.
4 Covering the liberalisation measures provided in CEPA Supplement X.
5 Referring to printing and its auxiliary services; covering the liberalisation measures provided in CEPA Supplement X.