Commercial Information Circulars
24-hour hotline : 23 922 922
e-mail address : email@example.com
Ref. : EIC 413/3
23 February 2018
Commercial Information Circular No. 198/2018
Brazil : Modification of Import Tariffs and Establishment of Tariff Rate Quota on Various Products
The Brazilian government has modified the import tariffs of a number of products, and established tariff rate quota on certain imports. A summary of the changes is set out as follows:
- 3,4-dichlorophenyl isocyanates classified under Southern Common Market (Mercosur1) Common Classification (NCM) code 2929.10.30 is subject to an import tariff rate of 14% since 13 December 2017.
- In-quota imports of 2.25 million doses of Hepatitis A vaccines classified under NCM code 3002.20.29 benefit from duty free treatment for a period of six months until 3 April 2018.
- In-quota imports of 7,000 tonnes of jute fibres classified under NCM code 5303.10.10 benefit from a reduced duty of 2% for a period of 12 months until 17 October 2018.
- In-quota imports of five million doses of vaccines against diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis (acellular) classified under NCM code 3002.20.27 benefit from duty free treatment for a period of 12 months until 30 November 2018.
- In-quota imports of six million doses of human papillomavirus 6, 11, 16, 18 (recombinant) vaccines classified under NCM code 3002.20.29 benefit from duty free treatment for a period of 12 months until 30 November 2018.
- Certain capital goods classified under NCM chapters 82, 84, 85, 86, 87, 89, 90 and 94 benefit from duty free treatment until 30 June 2019, while three items classified under NCM codes 8501.52.10 and 8602.10.00 benefit from the treatment until 31 December 2018.
- Certain information technology and telecommunications goods classified under NCM chapters 84, 85 and 90 benefit from duty free treatment until 30 June 2019.
2.For details of the Brazilian measures and the products involved, traders are advised to consult their importers in Brazil and/or the relevant Brazilian Resolutions (in Portuguese) which are available at:
Resolution No. 94/2017 (relevant to item (a) above) :
Resolution No. 79/2017 (relevant to item (b) above) :
Resolution No. 84/2017 (relevant to item (c) above) :
Resolution No. 89/2017 (relevant to items (d) - (e) above) :
Resolution No. 90/2017 (relevant to item (f) above) :
Resolution No. 91/2017 (relevant to item (g) above) :
3.For enquiries concerning the content of this circular, please contact Mr Lewis LAU at telephone number 2398 5405.
(Ms Lydia CHAN)
for Director-General of Trade and Industry
1 The Southern Common Market (Mercosur) includes Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay and Venezuela. Membership of Venezuela has been temporarily suspended since 2 December 2016.
Note: While every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the above information, the Department cannot guarantee this to be so and will not be held liable for any reliance placed on the same.