Mainland and Hong Kong Closer Economic Partnership Arrangement (CEPA)
Examinations for Professional and Technical Qualification
Liberalisation Measures under CEPA
The Agreement on Trade in Services covers and consolidates commitments relating to liberalisation of trade in services provided in CEPA and its Supplements and also the Agreement between the Mainland and Hong Kong on Achieving Basic Liberalisation of Trade in Services in Guangdong.
|Agreement on Trade in Services
|Liberalisation Measures under Cross-border Services (Positive List)
- Professional and technical personnel qualification examinations1
- To allow eligible Hong Kong residents to take the following qualification examinations for professionals and technicians in the Mainland: registered architect, registered structural engineer, registered civil engineer (geotechnical), construction supervising engineer, cost engineer, registered town planner, estate agent, registered fire engineers, certified safety engineer, registered nuclear safety engineer, constructor, registered public facility engineer, registered chemical engineer, registered civil engineer (harbour and waterway), registered facility supervising engineer, registered land surveying and design engineers,cost evaluator, enterprise legal consultant, cotton quality examiner, auctioneer, medical practitioner specialized in public health, practising pharmacist, environmental impact assessment engineer, real estate appraiser, registered electrical engineer, certified tax accountant, certified public valuer, prosthetist and orthotist, mining rights assessor, registered consulting engineer (investment), international business, land registration agent, gemstone quality examiner; quality, translation, computing technology and software,auditing, health, economic, statistics, accountant professional qualification. Certificates of the relevant professional qualifications will be issued to those who pass the examination.2
- To allow Hong Kong permanent residents to take the qualification examination for real estate valuer in the Mainland. "Certificate of professional qualification of real estate valuer" will be issued to those who pass the examination.3
- To allow eligible Hong Kong permanent residents to take the qualification examination for land surveyors in the Mainland, and a qualification certificate will be issued to those who pass the examination.4
- To allow eligible Hong Kong residents to apply in the Guangdong Province to take the qualification examination for veterinary practitioners in the whole Mainland, and a corresponding qualification certificate will be issued to those who pass the examination.5
1 Examination subjects in the List may change according to the State's abatement of certification of vocational qualifications and approvals of job requirements. Specific subject(s) announced by the State Council shall prevail.
2 Covering the liberalisation measures provided in CEPA Supplement, Guangdong Agreement and the newly added liberalisation measures in this Agreement.
3 Covering the liberalisation measures provided in CEPA Supplement VII.
4 Covering the liberalisation measures provided in CEPA Supplement VIII.
5 Covering the liberalisation measures provided in Guangdong Agreement.